Monday, July 16, 2012

Reclaim Your Voice!


Mandisa Malinga at  Bush
 Radio Station
In addition to the pressures of organising a Youth Day Campaign, I also had the opportunity to be interviewed by a radio station for the very first time, something a colleague of mine called a 'radio virgin'. The interview was requested by Bush Radio Station as part of their show called Sakha Isizwe, which profiles organisations that work towards building and strengthening communities. This show also profiles events that work towards community development, hence the interview.

The experience was great, who would not want to be on radio? I made sure all of my friends knew about it and listened to it. It was a great opportunity which led to a second telephonic interview with Radio Helderberg. Lets just say I felt like a star for the week, which fueled my energy for the campaign. Now the campaign has passed and I get to listen to the interview clip and I am thinking about going into broadcasting, and plus the lady who interviewed me told me I sound like I do this everyday. So lets just say I have a back-up plan.

I thought it would be nice to share the interview on the blog so people can listen to it to hear what the campaign was about, but also to comment on my "radio voice" just before I make the worst career move. Hope everyone who listens to it will enjoy it. Please click on the link below to listen to the interview:


By: Mandisa Malinga

No comments:

Post a Comment